Playroom Inspiration

As our baby girl is soon to turn 1 (ONE!!), I've been thinking how it would be nice to create a more designated play space for her. Obviously it would be a family zone, and I think having it combined with our home office (which doesn't exactly exist yet) would be a nice idea.

We currently live on the upper level of our house and, at this point, the downstairs of our split level home barely gets used. The downstairs is finished with a bathroom, two bedrooms and a smaller living space, and laundry room (unfinished). The main reason we don't spend a lot of time downstairs is from lack of furniture (we came from a much smaller two bedroom apartment) and we just haven't spent much time trying to pull the space together yet. However, like I said, as our girl gets older it might be nice to have another living zone in the house with an emphasis on play space. It's something that's on the home goal list for this year, so I've started collecting ideas of things we could potentially do/work away at.

I'm thinking along the lines of these things:

  • Comfy seating
  • Family friendly
  • Play space
  • Pops of colour
  • A space our family can grow in
These rooms have caught my eye for various reasons:
{find it}

{find it}
Just a few great spaces to gather ideas from. Be sure to click on the link under each photo for more details and more photos of each playroom!

If you have kids do you have a designated "playroom" for them? If so, what's your favourite thing about the space? I'd love to hear about them/see them!

You can find more playroom inspiration on my "Playroom Ideas" Pin Board:



*Photo sources linked directly below each photo*


Connect with me: Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram

Comments